Hi folks
All the EVs I’ve converted over the years until 2011 , Electro Metro, Cushman,
Cheese Wedge, Geo Tracker, Porsche 914, Karmann Ghia, I was able to pick up all
radio stations including AM but mostly listen to NPR on low band FM.  I used to
design switching power supplies and class D amplifiers to meet FCC part B EMI
requirements in my day job.
All power cables a pos-neg (to cancel magnetic RF) are tightly ty wrapped
together under the far right passenger side underneath the car and all the
control wires under the left side. The speed control must be as close to the
motor as possible with short cables (that’s the main EMI source).   You can put
an inline common mode choke pi filter on the 12V wires feeding the radio but I
didn’t have to. Just proper layout of power components separate from control
wiring is the main consideration.
Best regards
Mark

Sent from my iPhone