On Sunday 16 November 2003 05:34 pm, elPunishar wrote:
> high all!
>
> i've got a problem on mandrake 9.1 with my nforce onboard soundcard.
>
> /dev/dsp seems to be alway in use, even when theres no other program
> running that has anything to do with sound.

First off, do (as root) a:

lsof /dev/dsp

and it will show you what (if anything) has it tied up. If something has it,
you can kill it using the given pid number. If nothing is hoarding it, then
you might want to go into the KDE control center and reduce the amount of
time that artsd (the usual suspect!) is using.

HTHs!

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord