On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 11:59, Eric Huff wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:31:26 -0800
> Jack Coates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] jack]$ echo $PATH
> > /usr/local/bin/:/home/jack/bin/:/usr/X11R6/lib/xscreensaver/:/sbi
> > n/:/usr/sbin/:/usr/local/sbin/:/usr//bin:/bin:/usr/bin::/usr/loca
> > l/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/games:/usr/java/j2re1.4.0_01//bin
> >
> > that looks okay... but . is effectively in my path!! I discovered
> > this by doing a tab completion line that matched a script in my ~.
> > This is with msec level 3
> >
> > Maybe related to bash programmable completion? Anyone else seen
> > this behavior?
>
> Why are there double /'s in the path?  Not that that has anything to
> do with your problem...

this .bash_profile is the same on five machines, and the others don't
have the doubled slashes or the . problem.

the problem box did not have bash-completion in the RPM list, so I just
added bash-completion-20030821-3mdk.noarch.rpm and checked that bash is
at 2.05b-14mdk on several boxes. The double-slashes are now gone, but it
still includes . in the path.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...

"Brainiac's daughter made me a suit of bricks and mortar and a matching
stove pipe hat, oh yes, Brainiac's daughter took me on a sleigh ride
underwater and I'm crazy for girls like that."
-- Brainiac's Daughter from Chips From The Chocolate Fireball by The
Dukes of Stratosphear