On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 13:16, Praedor Atrebates wrote:

> This brings me to the maddening thing about linux over the last year or two.
> There used to be two files (as I recall) within which PATH was set:
> /etc/profile and ~/.bash_profile.  Now neither file contains much of anything
> related to setting path.  I have no idea where the bulk of PATH is set now.
> I have looked through /etc/profile, ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bashrc, /etc/bashrc,
> /etc/rc.local, /etc/rc.sysinit.
>
> I would also like to fix this (checked my 9.2 box and it does have the "::" in
> my path).  Where is path really set?  It is NOT /etc/profile (look at it,
> there is hardly any path info in it at all) nor ~/.bash_profile.
>
> praedor

read /etc/profile again, you'll see that it sources and runs all the
files in /etc/profile.d/.
--
Jack at Monkeynoodle Dot Org: It's A Scientific Venture...

"Stark raving naked in the fornication nation!"
-- Debbie Gibson Is Pregnant With My Two-Headed Love Child from Root Hog
or Die by Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper