On Wednesday 19 Nov 2003 12:27 am, Jason Williams wrote:
> Ok...not sure if this should go here, but so far, i've had no luck in
> trying to resolve my problems with urpmi.
>
> Just did a fresh install of 9.2 on one of our IBM servers.
>
> I used the easy urpmi site to setup my urpmi servers so I could install
> software accordingly.
>
> Also, I should mention that I did go to http://www.urpmi.org and tried to
> read the how-to, but a lot of the pages are no longer active.
>
> Here is the problem.
> When I run urpmq --fuzzy, I get no response. Not sure why, but it does not
> list anything.
>
> Also, look at the following:
>
> $ urpmq -i samba3-common
> medium "contrib" uses an invalid list file:
>    mirror is probably not up-to-date, trying to use alternate method
>
> Still gives the description, but that error is something i'd like to
> correct.
>
> Quick look at my urpmi.cfg:
>
> Installation\ CD\ 1\ (x86)\ (cdrom1) removable://mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS {
>    hdlist: hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1).cz
>    with_hdlist: ../../Mandrake/base/hdlist1.cz
>    removable: /dev/hda
>    key-ids: 70771ff3
> }
>
> Installation\ CD\ 2\ (x86)\ (cdrom2) removable://mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS2 {
>    hdlist: hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2).cz
>    with_hdlist: ../../Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
>    removable: /dev/hda
>    key-ids: 70771ff3
> }
>
> International\ CD\ (x86)\ (cdrom3) removable://mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS3 {
>    hdlist: hdlist.International CD (x86) (cdrom3).cz
>    with_hdlist: ../../Mandrake/base/hdlist3.cz
>    removable: /dev/hda
>    key-ids: 70771ff3
> }
>
> updates
> ftp://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/9.2/RPMS {
>    hdlist: hdlist.updates.cz
>    with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
>    update
> }
>
> main
> ftp://mirrors.secsup.org/pub/linux/mandrake/Mandrake/9.2/i586/Mandrake/RPMS
> { hdlist: hdlist.main.cz
>    with_hdlist: ../base/hdlist.cz
>    key-ids: 70771ff3
> }
>
> contrib
> ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/Mandrake/9.2/contrib/i586 {
> hdlist: hdlist.contrib.cz
>    with_hdlist: ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
>    list: list.contrib
>    key-ids: 70771ff3
> }
>
> Granted, I really do not want to use the CD's for any type of installation,
> but instead just use the ftp sites exclusively.
>
> With that in mind, I feel like im a little lost in the water here.
>
> What can I do to correct this problem?
>
> I appreciate everyones help and input.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jason

For urpmq --fuzzy   you need to supply a string parameter
For example urpmq --fuzzy samba

That error with
"medium "contrib" uses an invalid list file:
mirror is probably not up-to-date, trying to use alternate method"

is a temporary issue because the list file on the mirrors is currently out of
date. It does not affect the operation of urpmi. It is just an annoyance.

To remove your CD media type
urpmi.removemedia
You will be given a list of all the urpmi sources, then
urpmi.removemedia media_name
will remove a specific media.

HTH

derek