At 06:20 PM 11/19/2003 +0000, you wrote:
urpmq will search all available media unless you force it to use a specific
media with --media  or restrict it to update media with --update

It may be your 'main' source is not configured properly or maybe you are just
being misled by the way urpmq will return a limited list if there is a close
match.

Compare for example what is returned if you do :-
urpmq samba
urpmq samb
urpmq --fuzzy samba

derek

Ok..not sure what the problem was, but I did the following and it appears to be working now.

I removed all the urpmi media and then re-added it.
I then updated all my  media, but I got the following error.

$ urpmi.update -a
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "updates"...
...retrieving done
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.updates.cz]
computing md5sum of existing source hdlist (or synthesis)
examining MD5SUM file
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
computing md5sum of existing source hdlist (or synthesis)
examining MD5SUM file
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "contrib"...
computing md5sum of retrieved source hdlist (or synthesis)
...retrieving failed: md5sum mismatch
retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
no hdlist file found for medium "contrib"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]

Now, I see "updates" and "contrib" but I dont see "main". It also appears that "contrib" failed as well.

however, when I search for samba now, I get all the releases, 2.2.8a to 3.0.0.

Any ideas on what happened with the update?

Jason