Hello all,

Martin Köditz wrote:

> I was asked whether it would make sense to start a crowdfunding campaign for
> the translation of the Russian Firebird 3.0 Language Reference into English.
> Or are there already other efforts to implement it?

Given that we have a complete English 2.5 LangRef, as well as the 3.0 Release
Notes, I think the most logical approach is to build the English 3.0 (and
subsequently 4.0) LangRef based on that.

We have the knowledge, and if we don't have the time, I'd rather crowdfund for
grants to upgrade 2.5 -> 3.0 -> 4.0 in-house than for another, let's say,
"sub-optimal" Russian to English translation by a non-native English speaker.
And I'd be happy to make a donation for that, too.

Cheers,
Paul Vinkenoog