Mark,

On 30.07.2020 16:37, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 2020-07-30 13:20, Alexey Kovyazin (ak) wrote:
Hello,

We did survey in Telegram channel, and idea was to skip 3.0 and do the
translation of LR4.0...

What Telegram channel?

https://t.me/firebirdsql

Not very representative, of course, but at least 200+ people using Firebird, mostly from the visitors of Firebird Conference.

While I understand that the Russian version is what we have, I don't think this 'Russian version first' approach is healthy from a perspective of ownership (as in, the project being responsible for the documentation).

Not sure what do you mean.

All documentation is released under IDPL license.
Russian version of LR (versions 2.5, 3.0 and 4.0) is actively used, it is constantly updated by Denis Simonov (editor and maintainer), and got good feedback from Russian-speaking community (which is #2 in size, after Brazil).

Regards,
Alexey Kovyazin
IBSurgeon

Mark