Hi!

Our client has Firebird 3.0 super server installation which has the following
behaviour:
- Client software (e.g. Flamerobin) can establish connection using Firebird 2.x
fbclient.dll
- When client software (e.g. Flamerobin) tries to connect using Firebird 3.x
fbclient.dll then the error message appears and then connection is not
established:
engine code : 335545029 engine message: install incomplete, please read the
compatibility chapter in the release notes for this version

fbirebird.cong contains these entries:
 AuthServer = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi
AuthClient = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi
UserManager = Legacy_Auth, Srp

 WireCrypt = Enabled

 That is OK.

 As far as I can understand, then this situation indicates that new
authorization system is broken on the server. How to check new authorization
system and how to repair it. As far as I can understand then firbird.conf is
correct. Maybe ebedded connection to security3.fdb is required and some repairs
should be done there?

 Of course, our client can reinstall server (and he will do it), but it would
be nice to understand how such broken installation happen and what to do in
such cases?

  • [firebird-s... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
    • [fireb... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
      • [f... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]