OK - I am starting to understand. Apparently client had Firebird default
instance Windows registry entry from the Firebird installations of the previous
versions. That is why Firebird 3.0 installation wizard did not displayed
extended configuration form with the possibility to initialize security3
database and create SYSDBA account. So - it might be possible that I should
execute steps from the Firebird 3.0 release notes "Initializing the Security
Database".

However, something is still broken. My initialization session ended with error:
C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0>isql -user sysdba employee
Database: employee, User: SYSDBA
SQL> create user SYSDBA password 'masterkey';
Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 23000
add record error
-violation of PRIMARY or UNIQUE KEY constraint "INTEG_2" on table "PLG$USERS"
-Problematic key value is ("PLG$USER_NAME" = 'SYSDBA')
SQL>

So - it reports that SYSDBA account is present!
  • [firebird-s... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
    • [fireb... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
      • [f... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
        • ... Dmitry Yemanov dim...@users.sourceforge.net [firebird-support]