On 2017-03-01 09:34, jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Our client has Firebird 3.0 super server installation which has the
> following behaviour:
> - Client software (e.g. Flamerobin) can establish connection using
> Firebird 2.x fbclient.dll
> - When client software (e.g. Flamerobin) tries to connect using
> Firebird 3.x fbclient.dll then the error message appears and then
> connection is not established:
> engine code : 335545029 engine message: install incomplete, please
> read the compatibility chapter in the release notes for this version
>
> fbirebird.cong contains these entries:
> AuthServer = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi
> AuthClient = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi
> UserManager = Legacy_Auth, Srp
>
> WireCrypt = Enabled
>
> That is OK.
>
> As far as I can understand, then this situation indicates that new
> authorization system is broken on the server. How to check new
> authorization system and how to repair it. As far as I can understand
> th en firbird.conf is correct. Maybe ebedded connection to
> security3.fdb is required and some repairs should be done there?
>
> Of course, our client can reinstall server (and he will do it), but it
> would be nice to understand how such broken installation happen and
> what to do in such cases?

The problem you are having is
http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-5485

With the configuration given it should work in theory, but as the
fbclient.dll used is probably the one from Windows System32 (or
SysWOW64), you need to make sure it has its own copy of firebird.conf
with the relevant configuration.

Mark
  • [firebird-s... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]
    • [fireb... jonatan.laurit...@yahoo.dk [firebird-support]