Hey
 The other day we had a major slowdown on a database - one server with a single
database. Some of our queries received this error:
 Sort error No free space found in temporary directories operating system
directive open failed
 All queries that received this error used union in some way.

 The Firebird log is shows a lot of errors at the same time.
 Cannot dump the monitoring data operating system directive open failed Too
many open files
 And
 Cannot initialize the shared memory region operating system directive open
failed Too many open files

 After this the following changes was made to the config
 TempBlockSize = 2048576(changed from default value)
 TempCacheLimit = 567108864(changed from default value)
 (I took the values from the firebird_25_superclassic_64bit.conf from ib-aid)

 However today same thing happened once again. Does anyone know the solution to
this?

 TempDirectories in config is set to default, so I guess /tmp/firebird i used,
this disk has about 12Gb free space at the time of writing. Could all this
space have been consumed and causing the errors?

 A few weeks back we moved the database from a Windows Server 2008R2 to CentOs
to accommodate an increased load, on the database, before this we hand never
seen this kind of error. The windows server used a default firebird config file
except for DefaultDbCachePages that was configured to 1024.

 Firebird: SuperClassic 2.5.7
 Server: Virtual server, 16 cores, 128Gb of Ram, Multi disk SSD SAN.

  • [firebird-su... kragh.tho...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fi... 'Thomas Steinmaurer' t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]
      • [fi... kragh.tho...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
                • ... Alexey Kovyazin a...@ib-aid.com [firebird-support]