Thanks for the advise Thomas I will increase the value.  After we changed
TempCacheLimit to 567108864, we saw the problem once under heavy load - for a
very sourt perio this time. Is it correct understood that once TempCacheLimit
was reached Firebird used /tmp/ until the proccess reached the max open files?

 Regarding TempBlockSize and TempCacheLimit do you or any other know of a way
to monitor if the configured value is too low or the limit is about to be
reached?
 Since the server has plenty of RAM i was thinking about configuring
TempCacheLimit to 2, 4 or 6 Gb, if this has no negative effect?
 Likewise if there is no negative effect, is there anything to gain from
increasing TempBlockSize from 2 megabytes to perhaps 4 or 6?

  Best regards
  • [firebird-su... kragh.tho...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
    • Re: [fi... 'Thomas Steinmaurer' t...@iblogmanager.com [firebird-support]
      • [fi... kragh.tho...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]