Steve,

Your wait won't be months this time.  You should be able to make the
transition in a couple of weeks or less.  I would say less, but my wife is
having surgery next week which will cut into my development time.

SDRDataTransfer v5.0.0 is in development.  It will allow you to transfer
data between databases even if the table structures are different.

The main design criterion of SDRDataTransfer is to make the transfer safely.
Sort of like the doctor's rule of "do no harm".  The biggest challenge in
transferring data between tables with different structures is to figure out
how to do it safely, especially where there are more fields in the
destination table -- what do you do for default values for the extra fields.
That is the part of the code I am working on now.

Have patience.

73, Ray, K9DUR
http://k9dur.info