Where did you find such a suggestion? I'd be interested to know if
there's a hint in this direction in the spec. I thought it was up to the
implementation to decide the strategy.

I think the way we're now taking in our discussion suggests that we're
not going to do a first-fit strategy at all. If we're really going down
the two-strategy path we'll probably end up with a best-fit strategy and
a total-fit or best-fit plus look-ahead. (See Simon's list [1]) But
that's something we still need to figure out together.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/PageLayout

On 02.03.2005 14:48:17 Glen Mazza wrote:
> Just a sanity check here, the XSL specification seems
> to suggest always the first-fit strategy for page
> breaking *except* where keeps are explicitly
> specified.  Am I correct here?  And, if so, is what
> you're planning going to result in an algorithm that
> will help us do this?

Jeremias Maerki