On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 03:54:39PM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:

> <quote>
> These fonts are available in Macintosh and PFB (binary Type 1) outline
> formats. Users requiring the fonts in PFA (ASCII Type 1) form should
> convert them with the aid of one of the following tools, available from
> the Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN):

Oh yes, right you are! I just downloaded the fonts, and I am finding a
font.afm file, a font.pfm file, and a font.pfb file. Everything should
be there to create a font-metrics file and to embed the font.

But when I type:

java  org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader a010013l.pfm out.xml

I get this error message:

[INFO] PFM Reader v1.1a
[INFO]
[INFO] Reading a010013l.pfm...
[INFO]
[INFO] 31015 kerning pairs
[ERROR] Error while building XML font metrics file
java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readShort(DataInputStream.java:323)
        at
org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.PFMInputStream.readShort(PFMInputStream.java:97)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.PFMFile.loadKernPairs(PFMFile.java:203)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.PFMFile.loadExtension(PFMFile.java:167)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.PFMFile.load(PFMFile.java:114)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader.loadPFM(PFMReader.java:211)
        at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.PFMReader.main(PFMReader.java:180)

On a linux sysem, if I do:

cat a010013l.pfm

I get a strange result. The file is outputted to the terminal, but an
premature end of file seems to be reached.

Thanks

Paul