On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 12:45:00AM +1000, Peter B. West wrote:

> What did you download, and where did you get the pfm fonts?  I have just
> downloaded the unix distribution, and it includes only afm and pfb fonts.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gs-fonts/

I am guessing that this site converted the fonts with the fonts2pfb
tool. I used this tool on my distribution and got the same type of
premature end of file result.

In short, I don't think I'm working with a good set of fonts.

Where did you download your distribution? My home distribution has pfa
instead of pfb.

Paul