The data I'm trying to display in the tree is a list of filename, but they
aren't the names of the files on the disk, they are modified to include the
time they take to run on a CNC machine.  What I have is an INI file with a list
like this:
[Files]
M:\Project1\File1=8:32
M:\Project1\File2=7:43
M:\Project1\File3=2:15
M:\Project2\Component1\Part1=5:32
M:\Project2\Component1\Part2=8:32

I want to display all these in a tree including  run time appended at the
end... I could just read the INI file as a text file and replace all the = with
spaces.  I need the to  allow the user to open and collapse branches of the
tree,  Select either individual branches or separate files, and remember they
are selected even if a branch is collapsed..  then when they hit a button,  I
get a TstringList of the selected files.. then I can just process the string
list to generate a cut list and extract all the run times and give the user a
total runtime needed.

The selections don't have to be checkboxes... things could just get highlighted
and stay highlighted while other things are selected

I'm trying to keep this simple, as I have very little experience with Lazarus,
or any GUI programming... I have 30+ years of Pascal, but only did very small
simple projects with Lazarus.

I went to:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/VirtualTreeview_Example_for_Lazarus  Where it
states:
"The tutorial/docs can be downloaded from http://www.soft-gems.net. Below
someone would find only the quick way to use VirtualTreeview on Lazarus, not
explanations. For explanations and lots of other functions/methods, get the
official documents and the tutorial."
But the link for the tutorial / docs doesn't have anything about
VirtualTreeview anymore.  Any idea if the full documentation exists anywhere?