Thanks for the explanations and fixing your sample program.  I thought there
would probably be an easy way to save settings in an Ini File

>>Is there a way to export the file list and the second TVirtualStringTree to a
>>PDF file?
>As far as I know, there is no way to directly export it. I will have a look if
>I have some time.
    It doesn't have to be a PDF, it could be an image file, or even a text
file...maybe I can just make a text file of the output and use box characters
to draw the tree.  It seems like I should be able to get the branches of the
treedata somehow and just do a writeln to a file with the right formatting.

James