On 2024-03-14 09:34, Guillermo Martínez Jiménez via fpc-pascal wrote:
Thanks, Karoly and Marco.

I thought "packages" were libraries not applications, as there is an
"utils" directory with programs.

Well, yes, it's somewhat confusing admittedly. The IDE sources used to be located at the higher level (i.e. next to the packages, rtl, etc.) in the past. They were moved to packages as part of the transition to using fpmake for compilation of most of FPC sources in order to allow having it compiled in parallel to other big packages (since IDE is probably the biggest one taking the longest time to compile). Having it in packages allows compiling it in parallel to other packages; since utils are compiled independently (and much quicker), moving IDE in utils would result in longer compilation time overall (if parallel compilation is allowed).

Tomas

El Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:45:19 +0100
Marco van de Voort via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org>
escribió:
Op 13-3-2024 om 21:34 schreef Karoly Balogh via fpc-pascal:

> Where are they?  Why aren't with the official source packages?
> But they are. The IDE code is here:
> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/tree/main/packages/ide
>
> It also depends on Free Vision, which is here:
> https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/tree/main/packages/fv
>
> The ASCII table code is part of Free Vision, and it's here:

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/blob/main/packages/fv/src/asciitab.pas

And the mouse-keyboard-video drivers are in package rtl-console, e.g.
for windows

https://gitlab.com/freepascal.org/fpc/source/-/tree/main/packages/rtl-console/src/win