Op 14-3-2024 om 11:52 schreef Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal:

"OK, that would be addressed in case of inclusion under utils as well. Even more so, actually - users who want to recompile packages for whatever reason (e.g. to have debug information included as discussed here recently ;-) ) aren't probably interested in waiting for rebuilding of the IDE at all."

However, Michael refused to move it to utils at that point in time in order not to delay the release. ;-)

Note that I don't feel very strong about moving it to utils, frankly I don't care. There is also the matter than the IDE is not the only one generating installed programs, some other packages (like package CHM) that also generate binaries, would have to be split then (!?!?)

My point was more that _if_ it is to be moved, parallel compilation should be retained, and I gave a possible direction

Major buildsystem work is preferably done just before a new major release branch is split off trunk, but by then 3.2.0 was probably already branched off.   Rearrangements during a release cycle makes merging back to fixes hard for a long period.