On 01/16/2010 02:26 PM, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
What is the particular scenario that the new conflicts handling broke
for you? Often you really want to ignore locally installed packages and
then it's better to override LOCALBASE to /nonex or something similar,
instead of disabling conflict handling..
Pav, I'm the OP, and described the problem in the first post. To recap, though, say I want to upgrade from the databases/mysql50-client port to databases/mysql51-client. Without taking extra steps such as using -DDISABLE_CONFLICTS or removing the CONFLICTS definition from the Makefile, I can't even start downloading the distfiles (using "make fetch") until I pkg_delete the old version. With the old system, I could do everything up through building the new port so that the time between running pkg_delete and "make reinstall" is minimized.
--
Kirk Strauser