SquirrelMail seems to be forever on hold because of an incompatibility
with PHP 5.  So I am going to have to replace it as our Webmail
interface.

So, I'm looking for recommendation from the tribe here on what I
should use instead:

1) Easy to use.  Mostly this gets used by people when they are away
  from the office and then only occasionally.

2) It would be really nice if the program could import the
   Thunderbird Address Book.

3) Easy to install and maintain.

Probably only real alternative is Imp/Horde. Roundcube is nice, but it's tablet and mobile support is really lacking (and all the mobile skins cost $$$).

-Reko