--On August 31, 2013 8:35:27 AM +0100 Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-...@fjl.co.uk> wrote:

On 30/08/2013 22:20, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
SquirrelMail seems to be forever on hold because of an incompatibility
with PHP 5.  So I am going to have to replace it as our Webmail
interface.

I'm a bit confused about this - you seem to be saying that Squirrelmail
won't work on PHP 5? I've been running it on PHP 5 for years and it's
being maintained to support changes for the latest 5.4 and 5.5 releases.

The port has been marked BROKEN for quite a while. The release that resolves problems with PHP 5.4 and above has not yet been released. The fixes have been in nightly snapshots since May 2013, but the final release (which would update the FreeBSD port) has never been available and still isn't.

Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst