-----Original Message----- From: Frank Leonhardt

FWIW I'm using Dovecote 1 or 2 for the IMAP. In particular, Dovecot 1 with Squirrelmail has been really hammered, but has never broken. I sometimes get time-outs copying thousands of emails in one hit, but that's fair enough and nothing has ever been lost. Could the server be the problem in your case? I found the standard imapd did weird things for a lot of clients, and making the switch after many years of trying to blame the client software was a really good decision.

Running Cyrus here for ages, it might be a bit of pain to set up, but it's been a really bulletproof and "zero maintenance" solution. The problems cannot be replicated on any other client, only Squirrel has those problems with mail not showing up.

-Reko