> why does the line
> "unlike the old ms dos freedos lets you access fat 32 file systems"
> appear?
> fat 32 file systems existed in ms dos about 1997 or so.
> I have fat 32 partitions on my ms dos system in fact, and there is no
> windows on my computer whatsoever.
> While there are likely many things freedos can do, networking for
> example?, the fat 32 one as distinguishing it from ms dos is false
> information and should be removed.

I would suggest that we precisely quote the passage in question. I think
you're referring to this one (please correct me otherwise):

page> FreeDOS is basically like the old MS-DOS, but better!
page> For example, unlike MS-DOS, FreeDOS lets you access
page> FAT32 file systems and use large disk support (LBA).
[This is found under the heading "Welcome to FreeDOS", in the answer "What
is FreeDOS?".]

Now, you're correct that later MS-DOS versions (those typically only
bundled with MS Windows systems) did also support the FAT32 FS (as well as
LBA access).

On the other hand, at least the first sentence quoted by me refers to "old
MS-DOS" specifically, which might be understood to refer to the earlier
(stand-alone) MS-DOS versions.

> Honestly even stating that freedos is sill under development unlike ms
> dos is distinction enough, and correct.

Another distinguishing feature important to many users (and developers
alike) is the freedoms that apply to core FreeDOS software, including of
course gratis unlimited redistribution which is completely legal for these.

Regards,
Chris