On 17/08/2011 12:46, David DURIEUX wrote:
Le Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:40:56 +0200
Guillaume Rousse<guillomovi...@gmail.com>  a écrit:

On 17/08/2011 10:57, David DURIEUX wrote:
Le Wed, 17 Aug 2011 10:57:22 +0200
Guillaume Rousse<guillomovi...@gmail.com>   a écrit:

Hello list.

I propose to rename the 'SNMPQuery' to 'NetInventory', for
consistency with 'NetDiscovery' first, and to avoid useless
reference to specific implementation details (SNMP).

The questions are:
- does the suggested name seems OK ?
- is it wise to do it now (for 2.2.0 release) ?

This will require modifications on server (plugin GLPI) and will not
work with released versions. I think I can made a release 2.3.7 with
correction name of module.
If the agent still announce it to the server with its old name, and
accept server reply with either name, isn't it enough to ensure
compatibility ?

If agent use the oldname, it will works, but how agent know if it use
old or new name ?
The agent will propose the task twice, with both names, and the server will just reply to the one he is aware of.

A simple simple wrapper class is enough to avoid code duplication:

package FusionInventory::Agent::Task::SNMPQuery;

use FusionInventory::Agent::Task::NetInventory;
our $VERSION = $FusionInventory::Agent::Task::NetInventory::VERSION;

sub new {
    return FusionInventory::Agent::Task::NetInventory->new(@_);
}
--
BOFH excuse #231:

We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill.