Can I nominate Sue for the Executive Director's Barnstar? :)

Kaldari

On 9/29/11 4:06 PM, Amory wrote:
I normally hate +1s, but I would like to echo this. Really exceptionally well crafted, and even for people following it's a very good writeup. Thank you, Sue.

~A

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 09:36, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@yahoo.com <mailto:jayen...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    Thanks for the link Sarah. It's an outstanding post by Sue, and a
    courageous one, too.

    Andreas

    --- On *Thu, 29/9/11, Sarah Stierch /<sarah.stie...@gmail.com
    <mailto:sarah.stie...@gmail.com>>/* wrote:

        From: Sarah Stierch <sarah.stie...@gmail.com
        <mailto:sarah.stie...@gmail.com>>
        Subject: [Gendergap] Sue's new blog
        To: "Increasing female participation in Wikimedia projects"
        <gendergap@lists.wikimedia.org
        <mailto:gendergap@lists.wikimedia.org>>
        Date: Thursday, 29 September, 2011, 7:47

        http://suegardner.org/2011/09/28/on-editorial-judgment-and-empathy/

        A lot of things I think about, and I'm sure a lot of other
        people here think about.

        I'm sure this blog won't be well received on other WMF-related
        mailing lists, but, I have to admit - for me - I feel like
        she's speaking for me.

        I don't want to be a censor, I just want people to have common
        sense, good judgement, customer service and logic. And when
        people call /me/ a censor, it's just as offensive as the other
        names I've been called.

        I have beencalled a prude, bitch, agitator, bore,
        conservative, censor, "anti-woman"... someone with an
        agenda...etc. I can only thank you Sue for speaking on behalf
        of me - when I clumsily try to express myself on Foundation-L
        and fear being shot-down and having my "Wiki" self-esteem torn
        down.....I just feel like "giving up."

        Thanks. And I promise everyone, some of us are working towards
        this, and working towards a change and a towards a
        conversation that is adult, logical and respectful.

        <3

        -Sarah

-- GLAMWIKI Partnership Ambassador for Wikimedia
        <http://www.glamwiki.org>
        Wikipedian-in-Residence, Archives of American Art
        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch>
        and
        Sarah Stierch Consulting
        /Historical, cultural & artistic research & advising./