Thank you Risker/Anne
for this statement which I think is true:

> (most editors do not gender-identify ...
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2012-June/002876.html

what follows from this is, in my opinion, that any specific-looking numbers the
Wikimedia Foundation (e.g.,
Wikipedia editor survey) chooses to have published about how many women act as
editors should not be
trusted and hence not be perpetuated

and best not in our list description, either...
"The most recent Wikipedia editor survey indicates that the percentage of
female contributors in Wikimedia
projects is approximately nine percent."

could this starting sentence be changed, maybe, to reflect the fact stated by
Anne/Risker and not feed into
such a seemingly negatively perceived climate in the first place?

ah, yes, this is me again, trying to raise some awareness also about the
promotional paradoxes in results
created by patriarchally-inspired statistics exercises that purport to come up
with facts,
apologies if this makes you groan, maybe again,
I will stick to my point though until I hear better arguments - which,
certainly, I am happy to take on this
point

:-) thanks & cheers,
Claudia