la...@fanhistory.com:
> Do you have any data to back up the theory that women will write women's
> content?

I would hope not, actually!  But a grassroots approach will give more people
the chance to express whatever it is that interests them, maybe join a few
mailing lists and committees, etc.  Maybe some of these new editors will be
inspired by gender justice projects.

Anyway, the reason I pointed to the notably male biographies was to refute the
OP's suggestion that we be vague about gender discrepancies on wikipedia... We
certainly can't hide these extremely obvious facts, so let's improve the
mailing list description--by linking to something fun like
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Gender_gap ?

-adam