Just for the record: I am in possession of a full set of female genitalia,
and I think Carol's tone was aggressive and very clearly represented an
assumption of bad faith. Accusing other editors of AfDing articles because
of some crypto-misogyny plan they're secretly pursing, especially editors
who have no history of such a thing, is not helping to close of the
gendergap. It's shoving a wedge into that gap and going "No one but me can
possibly be working for the good here. Off with you, penis-havers!"

Similarly, implying that someone is not allowed to express an opinion about
someone's behavior unless/until they do the work you prefer them to do is
not advocating for women or women's rights. It's advocating for shutting
out everyone who isn't doing exactly what you want them to do, in exactly
the proportions you want them to do it.

In short: the "repressive" comments I see in this conversation are coming
from women, not men, and it saddens me that people think this sort of
behavior somehow helps anything.

-Fluffernutter