Carol, I know you feel aggrieved in this situation, but I would ask you to
please consider stepping away from this conversation. This conversation is
making the list look like it's populated not by gendergap closers, but
nasty people who enjoy being nasty for the sake of feeling special. And
that characterization is not because of what Thomas has been writing - it's
from what you've been writing. Frankly I would rather fork to a list
populated by people who speak and act like him than stay on a list
dominated by people who speak and act like you. It would be more likely to
accomplish our goal than this list. And to pre-empt a possible reply, I'm
saying this not because I'm a brainwashed, patriarchy-dominated woman who
thinks men have rights to speak that you don't, but because I am someone
who feels NO ONE has the right to attack others like you've been doing, no
matter what minority you do it in the name of.

I know the list mods have been trying to keep a hands-off approach to
members, but it's really reached the point for me where I feel nothing good
can be accomplished on this list if its level of discourse is allowed to
stay where it is.

-Fluff