I started and hosted on occasion lunch time editing events where people
could eat lunch and edit with coworkers.

It was fun! And new content and editors, primarily women, came out of it.

No clue what the status is now that I am not there.

When I worked there I actually felt weird being a Wikipedian at first as
people did not take me seriously in my position and would even verbally
make fun of editing as a hobby.

That is changing, and generally it's women who are taking the lead at
making the culture change at Wikimedia.

Sarah