I'm incredibly disappointed by arbcom's current approach to this case, to
the point that I haven't responded to this thread yet because I'm so
flabbergasted that I have little idea what to say.  The case is ending with
banning a bunch of women with flimsy excuses (mostly that when harrassed,
they eventually pushed back,) and is ending with Eric getting another slap
on the wrist for gross and repeated vicious personal attacks on other
editors.  I have no doubt that this will both worsen our gendergap and is
even disappointing to the point that I am reconsidering my own degree of
participation on the projects until something is done about these issues.

Erik: I would encourage you to reach out to arbcom directly, whether via
direct message or a talk page.  WMF isn't always liked by the ENWP
community, but closing the gendergap is supposed to be one of WMF's few
primary strategic priorities, and this is a decision by the highest regular
authority on ENWP that flies in the face of both general editor retention
issues and flies in the face of the WMF's goals.  I will be making personal
appeals to Jimbo (who does have at least the theoretical authority to
overturn the decision and Lila (who, I would hope as ED, whose word would
carry substantial weight to intervene in this case.  It's completely
ludicrous.  Eric has become an editor retention problem as bad or worse
than Betacommand was years ago (at the first edu summit, I met at least
three editors - who, mind you, were significant enough contributors that
they received scholarships to come out) who all almost quit over
Betacommand's behavior - this is worse.

I'm sorry to those emails I haven't replied to yet; I've been fairly sick,
and was hospitalized while arbcom nominations were ongoing - otherwise,
despite my reluctance to run, I'd be a listed candidate.  Wikipedia is a
critically important project, and is too important to be sabotaged by
bullshit like this.  Arbcom need substantial and immediate reform.  As list
moderator and an ENWP admin, I would encourage everyone here to discuss
issues openly and candidly.  Although blocks based off of mailing list
posts are uncommon, if anyone receives a block in part or whole based on a
post to gendergap-l over this, unless it's an arb block, I will personally
reverse it.

----
Kevin Gorman