On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 5:25 PM, Risker <risker...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless my vision has completely eroded, I do not see the word "cunt"
> anywhere in that article, Ryan.  Nobody on this list has ever said that
> calling someone a cunt is a good thing.

I was referring to the common defense of that term on English Wikipedia
(which I imagine you are familiar with). It's hard to notice the outcry
against Keilana's Op-ed and the acceptance of other editors' use of the
C-word (sorry, Fae)[1] without feeling like there is some kind of
double-standard.

What I do not understand is why anyone on this list would think that
> calling someone a "badass" is a good thing.

According to Wiktionary it means "Having extreme appearance, attitude, or
behavior that is considered admirable." Synonyms are listed as "cool" and
"awesome".[2] It's obviously slang, but still sounds like a compliment to
me.

1.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Research:Communicating_on_Wikipedia_while_female
2. https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/badass#Adjective