Le lundi 30 avril 2018, 22:43:12 CEST Jan Iversen a écrit :
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On 30 Apr 2018, at 22:28, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > Le lundi 30 avril 2018, 21:03:24 CEST Jan Iversen a écrit :
> >> Sent from my iPad

> >> There are no issue as such, it is just that lately we have seen a lot of
> >> things happening very uncoordinated. In this case it happened crossing
> >> another (slightly older, but with positive comments) to move the
> >> production
> >> to git.
> >>
> >> I would have preferred a more organized way, e.g. making sure a test site
> >> (or build bot) will have someone to maintain it, before just doing it.
> >> However this is just my opinion, which, even though I did the
> >> maintenance,
> >> seems to count very little.
> >>
> >> Please lets stop this discussion, done is done, and I (as
> >> chair/pmc/committer) will have to accept the consequences.
> >
> > there are no consequences to creating a test git repo
>
> I think you mean there are no technical consequences, which are totally
> right, but there are other types, like e.g. the effect on the community or
> personally for people doing the maintenance. This action was for me the
> newest drop in a long chain of rain, but please I am NOT thinking or
> suggesting you did anything wrong, I am just tired.
looks like a wrong interpretation on intents, IMHO
Given the misunderstandings on svnpubsub&gitpubsub&CI&... that is clearly
visible in our discussions on the way things can work in the future, doing
some tests to better get common understanding is useful (as seen with my own
https://github.com/asf-attic/asf-attic.github.io/ parallel test).
I don't see the benefit of limiting tests: relax, decisions remain to do before
working on real production Attic site *with common confidence*

perhaps one misunderstanding to fix is to clearly establish that changing the
rendering engine (Anakia vs Perl vs Jekyll) is a topic that is completely
independant of a switch from svn to Git (with 2 options: separate branches for
output or one mixed branch)

and Buildbot is somewhat related to the switch from svn to Git, since the
separate branches option is IMHO really viable when there is a CI, which would
be a good thing if we want to be able to do simple fixes just by editing
sources on GitHub, without anything installed or run on the editor's computer

I hope the last 2 points help creating a common understanding and do not add
confusion

Regards,

Hervé