Hi,

Thanks for the information and history there, that was quite helpful.

> My understanding is the plugin was originally started as a repo or work by
> Sander
> (https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/commits/master?after=5e7ccfea50810303a6b205084fb6f0b3eade33ca+314&branch=master
>
> <https://github.com/xanzy/terraform-provider-cloudstack/commits/master?after=5e7ccfea50810303a6b205084fb6f0b3eade33ca+314&branch=master>)
>  who contributed it to the Hashicorp Github org like many other community
> providers and then got it eventually transferred back.
>
> From ACS PMC point of view we're going to take the risk as we've ICLA and
> grants from Sander and agreements over email from all the top contributors.

You would be in a a better position to judge this, but I can see 8 to 10 people
(out of the 39) that have probably made significant contributions, some very
significant. It unclear to me if these people were contacted.

> I've also gotten emails from other participants including Sander who shared
> their frustration, we've jumped through all the hoops and done our best to
> reach so far, I think Justin you had advised us to get all major contributors
> to agree in the other legal thread but now suddenly we are advised to get
> ICLAs too and from all the contributors.

My very first email in that thread suggested you would need ICLAs from the
major contributors. Having an agreement via other means is probably fine, but
not the usual process. Roman (V.P. Legal) also suggested you contact these
contributors.

> The examples you've provided don't have ICLAs or agreements from all
> contributors.

Not all, but they have ICLAs from all major contributors. More importantly the
information is in a form where it easy to see what has been provided which
makes accepting the IP clearance an easy process.

Kind Regard,
Justin