Hi,

> Alright, I'll create a Github issue as suggested in the example to track IP
> clearance with list of all people and will try to reach out to all
> contributors within a limited time period and see if they can agree over
> the other legal thread and submit their ICLAs.

While having an ICLA is ideal, I think a recorded agreement from the major
contributors is probably enough given the history here. You already have that
from most of them. If some don’t answer then just record that and continue. It
might be possible that other IPMC members might have a different view on this.

> This however wasn't advised on the IP clearance process:
> https://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html

It does say "Either an Individual CLA or Corporate CLA is preferred to a
Software Grant. All authors must sign an Individual CLA; or all owners of IP
must sign one of the three documents and send to secretary “. I’m still
slightly unclear on who the IP owners are. Sander is obviously one, but I would
guess it’s the other 8 or so other major contributors or possibly in some cases
their employers. Having an ICLA clears that up as the person states that any
contributions they make they are allowed to do so and have their employers
permission to do so.

Kind Regards,
Justin