OK. I suspected as much but I'd never heard of Nvidia Xrun before and wanted to
make sure. GnuCash uses a component from WebKitGtk to display reports so I have
to guess that Debian has packaged that in a way that works only with openGL. To
test that you can install the Gnome Browser and see if it exhibits the same
behavior.

You can try setting the environment variable WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1
and see if that prevents it using OpenGL. I think it's supposed to. If it
doesn't the only option is to build your own WebKitGtk with
-DUSE_OPENGL_OR_ES=OFF added to the options. You can find the build rules for
Debian Unstable at
https://salsa.debian.org/webkit-team/webkit/-/blob/wk2/unstable/debian/rules.
Note that it has Gtk4 enabled and Gtk4 also depends heavily on OpenGL so you'll
probably want to turn that off too.

Good Luck!

Regards,
John Ralls