On Sun, 8 Oct 2023 17:51:40 +0800
Christopher Lam <christopher....@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would thus be useful to know the types of tasks that users wish to
> automate. I'll start:
>
> Every quarter, I personally tally up the GST account balances, which
> allows me to submit to the tax office. I currently use the "Income
> and GST Statement" report for tallying. I will also create some
> transactions which will offset the GST accounts back to zero. This
> could easily be automated.

My GST is more complex
with two different vehicles, company tax and the income tax to be
reckoned as well.
Vehicles only have a proportion of the GST to be put in the
calculations.

I attach my Scheduled transaction just for the amounts to be given to
the tax office.
There are also a series of scheduled transactions for the splits in the
GST for vehicle expenses.

Liz