Hi

El jue, 18-01-2024 a las 20:11 -0800, john escribió:
> The simplest way would be to obtain or write a script in javascript
> to obtain the validation code. You'd insert that into a custom
> invoice report and display the result somewhere on the resulting
> invoice.
>
> The main downside of that approach is that you'll be querying for the
> validation code every time you run the report.

The transaction with the AFIP API happens only once, on invoice
creation, that's why I asked for an interface like a plugin or
extension that can be added to the GNUCash invoice creation step and be
saved with GNC's stored data.

>  If the API gives you the same validation code every time you send it
> the same information without complaint then that's not a problem. If
> it is a problem then the best alternative would be to add a
> persistent report option and use Guile's web client
> (https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Web-Client.html)
> module to fill in the validation code and figure out some place to
> store it.

This seems more likely, either by using guile to interact with the AFIP
API or to interact with a kind of microservice in between (and put all
the logic there).

> Regards,
> John Ralls
>
> > On Jan 18, 2024, at 09:03, Carlos R. Pasqualini via gnucash-devel
> > <gnucash-devel@gnucash.org> wrote:
> >
> > El jue, 18-01-2024 a las 14:38 +0100, Frank H. Ellenberger
> > escribió:
> > > Hello Carlos,
> > >
> > > Am 18.01.24 um 12:13 schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini via gnucash-
> > > devel:

> > >  From my understanding of your description you should enter the
> > > code
> > > as
> > > Company ID. See
> > > https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual/book-options.html#business-book-options
> > >

> > The Company ID is what we call CUIT which identified the Physical
> > or
> > Juridic Person. On other countries in South America (Brasil,
> > Uruguay)
> > it's called RUT.
> >
> > The code I'm talking it's a transaction validation code, kind of
> > CRC o
> > hash, but numeric only and is generated/assigned by government's
> > software and not on our side.

> > > I will add a few thoughts on that thread.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Frank
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --