Hi again,

I'm not sure if this kind of issue is on the radar of the developers, but here's some more information, in case somebody decides to chase the issue down.

My bank offers to export the data to CSV, QFX, or QBO formats, based on user set filters such as category, amount, date. For the QFX option, the data that are written to the file seem to depend on the filters chosen. GnuCash can't handle any version of the file that I have been able to produce -- either I get the zero/uneditable balance issue that I mentioned in the first email, or the import window is empty (as happened in the Chase downloads previously discussed on this list). I assume the problem comes from the precise tags that are written to the file, but I don't really know.

At present, I am working around this bug by exporting to CSV, which is a bit or a pain.

It would be nice to get GnuCash to deal gracefully with weird QFX downloads, if possible. I'm happy to help with debugging, if somebody wants to work on it.

Nike