From: R Losey <rlo...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2024 12:44 PM
To: Kalpesh Patel <kalpesh.pa...@usa.net>
Cc: gnucash-user@gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Recording transactions (date)

I thought "floating a check" means that one issues a check, knowing that there
isn't money to cover it, but planning to deposit funds before the check is
presented for cashing.

But perhaps you mean "float time" -- that may well be the correct term. I was
just interested in knowing what people here (many of whom have a closer
acquantaintence with accounting than I do) thought about using the actual date
of the transaction versus using the cleared date of the transaction.

Clearly, the "cleared" date is when the money actually transfers, but (to my
mind), one doesn't have an accurate picture of one's finances if there is
pending money to be removed from an account.

On Tue, Apr 9, 2024 at 7:26 AM Kalpesh Patel <kalpesh.pa...@usa.net