Hello,

in Gnucash 5.6, importing banking transactions from a QIF file no longer works.

Browsing this mailing list, I discovered this has been corrected but is only available by compiling the latest source or using a "nightly build", both of which are too convoluted for Otto Normaluser (I have been dabbing at flatpak and I think I might have managed to install some build from a recent commit, but running it seems also not straightforward).

Downgrading to 5.5 is convoluted too -- only advanced GUI/CLI allow this.

This also means that the GnuCash version available from the front page "does not work" — not being able to import your bank statements is kind of breaking.

Since there is, if I understand correctly, a fix to this major bug, I really think a 5.6.1 release would be helpful.

--
Cordialement,

Yann Salmon