Hi,

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 10:12:51AM +0200, Oscar Carlsson via Gnupg-users wrote:
I'm generally curious on your opinions on the latest new keyserver, this time running a new software than the normal keyservers.

For what it's worth, my main concern is that it is a centralized service.

This puts whoever is running keys.openpgp.org in a uniquely good position to do Bad Things™. Of course I don't expect they would, but the point is, they could (or they could be forced to).

That being said, I have nothing better to propose and overall I welcome any attempt, however imperfect, to make OpenPGP slightly easier and/or more comfortable to use. (And I do note that Hagrid developers "plan to explore options for a distributed service in the future" [1].)

Regards,

- Damien

[1] https://keys.openpgp.org/about/faq