On Sonntag, 11. Februar 2024 02:05:52 CET mlist_e9e869bc--- via Gnupg-users
wrote:
> I'm trying to import a key generated from GPG 2.4.4 to 2.2.27 but
> unsuccessful.
>
> Upon importing, it returns `gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.`
>
> I tried with compliance options but it does nothing.
>
> Command I used:
>
> - export: `gpg -a --export-secret-subkey <key_id> | gpg -a -c
> --cipher-algo AES --force-mdc -o <file>`
> - import: `gpg --decrypt -o - keys.sec.asc | gpg --import -`
>
> What else I can do? I can't update the GPG version because one of my
> import device is an Android phone which stuck at 2.2.27 for quite a long
> time.

Are you sure that the problem isn't the decryption? I checked the code and
this error message is emitted by the armor/dearmor code. My guess is that the
decryption fails and therefore outputs nothing and importing nothing results
exactly in the above error message:
```
$ echo "" | gpg --import -
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.