---- On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 17:46:35 +0100 STARK, BARBARA H <bs7...@att.com>
wrote ----
 > Hi Denis,

Hello Barbara.

I hope you are well.

 > You appear to have perceived events and statements different from how
 > others' have perceived these.

I agree there is some difference. I do not agree this automatically infers I am
doing a wrong thing by trying to work through this difference. My goal is to
clarify this situation for myself and other participants.

 > I don't find this thread accusing Juliusz of bad behavior to be an
 > appropriate way of addressing your perceptions.

I am sorry to object, but I am doing my best not to accuse Juliusz, as much as
is reasonably practicable, in the course of this discussion of facts and
problems. If I may suggest, you might see it better after reading my messages
with more attention. I agree some of those facts and problems are not really
enjoyable to discuss.

As just one example, the Babel DTLS specification is a 4 days old publicly
available document and a few hours old Internet-Draft. It consists of 8 pages,
including 4 pages of technical prose. The Babel HMAC specification that is not
7298bis (feel free to suggest a better term) is a few hours old, smaller,
publicly available document and isn't an Internet-Draft yet as this is being
written. It says "draft-ietf-babel-rfc7298bis" at the top (sic!). Those are
facts.

I have spared the participants of how I [subjectively] perceive those facts.
You are welcome to verify the facts if you want. I emphasize the facts are not
my perceptions. I am willing to listen if you tell me specifically what you
find wrong.

 > As chair of homenet (your email was sent to homenet and babel), I would
 > appreciate an opportunity to talk to you directly (by phone / VoIP) to try
 > to better address your perceptions. I find trying to do this by email very
 > challenging.

Your statement is correct, in that I had intentionally cross-posted to both
mailing lists. This is because Babel security is meaningful for Homenet (I have
been a reader of the Homenet mailing list for some time).

I understand you are expecting a direct e-mail conversation with me to be
difficult. I accept you may have reasons for this, but it seems to me you had
not tried to reach me before, so it would not be right to put the blame on me.
I am not putting the blame on you either.

>From my own practical experience, e-mail works much better than phone: I can
>take the time to think and to read my messages before sending to make sure
>they say what was intended. If you insist anyway, we can have a voice/video
>call, but if I see this causing even more misunderstanding to pile up, I will
>have to switch back to e-mail. Hopefully that is workable enough for you.

Have a nice day.

--
    Denis Ovsienko