otr...@employees.org wrote:

    >>> Cause it's architecturally "challenged"?
    >>
    >> The working group or the solution?

    > Not sure how you could interpret that as pointing to the working group.

    > The solution obviously.
    > IPv4 "pass through" implies sharing the IPv4 address among multiple nodes.
    > Creating all sorts of tricky problems.

Yeah, it's a weird situation where it basically is forced/transparent
proxying it's management port, and then letting everything else through.
Definitely a place where moving the management to IPv6 would be easier.

I think that the signaling that is observed to cause the bypass should be
written down.
That it nicely does DHCPv6-PD proxying is very nice.

I think that had this description come to the WG five years ago, we would
have thought about it deeply.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-