Hiya,

On 22/09/2020 22:08, Lee, Yiu wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> Thanks for the notes. Actually, we believe that there are good
> privacy reasons to randomize mac-address. This BoF isn't trying to
> "fix" randomized mac-address. On the contrary, we want the community
> to embrace it. In order to ease the anxiety for transitioning, we
> want to document what may break and propose best practice to
> transition to dynamic mac-address.

Sure, I get that. However, we've seen a number of these
efforts start thusly but end up being perceived to be
partly trying to unwind the privacy benefits, so I think
a good way to avoid that mis-perception is to also present
the reasons for (in this case, MAC address randomisation)
as fully as the description of the challenges caused.

Cheers,
S.