I would suggest to upload a clean -25 to avoid other people in the IETF
community or in the IESG also calling idnits and complaining ;-)

-éric

From: Daniel Migault <mglt.i...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 7 December 2022 at 14:25
To: Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>
Cc: Eric Vyncke <evyn...@cisco.com>, "homenet@ietf.org" <homenet@ietf.org>,
"d...@fl1ger.de" <d...@fl1ger.de>, "v6...@globis.net" <v6...@globis.net>
Subject: Re: Next actions for I-D Action:
draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-24.txt

just one clarification: do we prefer to have a version 25 being published or
should we leave it as version 24 ?
Yours.
Daniel

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 8:11 AM Daniel Migault
<mglt.i...@gmail.com<mailto:mglt.i...@gmail.com>> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 7:56 AM Michael Richardson
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca<mailto:mcr%2bi...@sandelman.ca>> wrote:

Eric Vyncke (evyncke) <evyn...@cisco.com<mailto:evyn...@cisco.com>> wrote:
    > As the text has changed a lot, not so much on the technical content but
    > more or completeness and readability, I will re-submit it to another
    > IESG evaluation early January in the hope that the IESG will approve
    > this draft.

Thank you.

https://author-tools.ietf.org/api/idnits?url=https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-24.txt
    > it is about a reference to RFC 6125 or its -bis and the use of
    > obsoleted RFC 5077.

The text says:

   The HNA will validate the DM's control channel certificate by doing
   [RFC6125]/[I-D.ietf-uta-rfc6125bis] DNS-ID check on the name.

The word "an" ought to be in front of [RFC6125].
I think that idnits is confused.

I thought the UTA document was just a patch on RFC6125, but I see that it's a
complete replacement, so referencing both makes less sense.
Just removed rfc6125
As for RFC5077. I have replaced it with RFC8446 (TLS1.3), section 4.6.1, but
the reference feels less useful now.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca<mailto:mcr%2bi...@sandelman.ca>>   .
o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )